Sunday, July 24, 2011

Best Places to Buy Jewelry Supplies

Making Jewelry is an extremely rewarding and fun experience.  I've been making and selling jewelry for years now and I've compiled a great list of places to buy supplies for great prices!

Online Shopping
The best place, hand down, to buy beads and jewelry supplies online would be at Jewelry Supply.com.  I have purchased SO many beads from this site.  The best part is that there is a huge selection and all of it is an extreme discount in price compared to buying locally.  You can find gemstones like turquoise, lapis, and ruby.  Swarovski crystals are also available in every size and color you can imagine.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/75750445/exquisite-turquoise-and-bead-bracelet
I made this bracelet out of some beautiful genuine turquoise purchased from that site.

Local Shops


When I need to go out and find something for a project right away, I turn to shops in my area.  Living in rural Illinois, it can be hard to find a store with good selection and price nearby.

My top choice for shops that are in my area would be Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and occasionally Walmart!  Hobby Lobby's jewelry department is growing and adding inventory constantly.  I can usually find everything I need there.  They also have 50% off sales every week, so its easy to get what you want at a good price.  Michaels also has a good selection of beads.  However their beads are a little more expensive.  Believe it or not, Walmart's craft department can be a source for some good bead finds.  Although there is some sacrifice in selection and quality, for something basic and quick it's definitely not a bad option.

Here's a few jewelry pieces with many of the supplies purchased at Hobby Lobby.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/77884688/gold-and-black-swarovski-crystal-woven



http://www.etsy.com/listing/77021314/pink-glass-bead-memory-wire-bracelet
Knowing where to purchase jewelry supplies can save a lot time and money.  If there are any shops that you want to add to the list just let me know!  And if you liked this article be sure to subscribe to my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment